The Pigeon Forge Hospitality and Tourism Association (PFHTA) began its scholarship program
to recognize students who are furthering their education in the hospitality and tourism industry.
Specifically, this scholarship strives to award scholars that are invested in Sevier County, who
are excelling in study, work, and related school activities. The mission of PFHTA’s Hospitality
Scholarship is to create and support education opportunities that help equip the next generation
of hospitality and tourism professionals with the skills they need to succeed in the industry.
The purpose of the PFHTA scholarship is to present an academic award to students who are
interested in pursuing a career in hospitality and tourism in Sevier County that have been
recognized by their instructors for academic excellence and by a member of our community for
their character. The scholarships are given to the school in the name of the students to be used for
tuition, books, and other related expenses of their education. Any remaining funds must be
returned to the PFHTA. Any recipient who fails to enroll or cancels his/her enrollment must
notify PFHTA immediately.
- A high school senior attending ANY high school in Sevier County who plans to attend a university or community college the fall after spring graduation.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled or accepted at a community college or university at the time of the scholarship presentation in May 2023.
- Short Essay: Please tell us about yourself.
- What are your educational aspirations? What career do you hope to have after college? What are your future goals?
- How does hospitality & tourism relate to your aspirations and goals listed above?
- Where do you hope to live when you start working after graduating?
- Tell us about your community service, examples of leadership, and what you are actively involved in your senior year. Where have you volunteered? What is a good example of you being a leader among your peers? Give us details on your senior year experiences.
- High School Student Resume
- High School Transcript
- Two letters of recommendations
- One from high school faculty / staff
- One from an manager at a job or a non-profit leader where you have volunteered
- Do NOT use a family member or have family friend
Process & Presentation
All nominations are judged by the PFHTA Education Committee with a panel consisting of educators, industry leaders, and hospitality & tourism professionals. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis with MULTIPLE scholarship recipients each year ranging from $500 to $1,500. Scholarship recipients will be notified approximately one month after the deadline date. Scholarship recipients will receive instructions on how to claim their scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded at the PFHTA monthly member meeting in May 2024.
Deadline: MONDAy, April 1, 2024 at 11:59pm